Timeline – The Progression
01. Jacob meets Bella at La Push
02. Jacob tells Bella about the Quileute Legends at First Beach
You see, the cold ones are the natural enemies of the wolf — well, not the wolf, really, but the wolves that turn into men, like our ancestors. You would call them werewolves.
So you see, the cold ones are traditionally our enemies. But the pack that came to our territory during my great-grandfather’s time was different. They didn’t hunt the way others of their kind did — they weren’t supposed to be dangerous to the tribe. So my great-grandfather made a truce with them. If they would promise to stay off our lands, we wouldn’t expose them to the pale-faces.
03. Jacob appears in Bella’s dream as a red-brown wolf to warn her about a vampire
04. Jacob and Billy visit to watch the game at Charlie’s
05. Jacob is tricked to leave so that Billy can warn Bella to stay away from Edward
Just then the front door banged loudly, and I jumped at the sound.
“There’s no picture anywhere in that car”. Jacob’s complaining voice reached us before he did. The shoulders of his shirt were stained with the rain, his hair dripping, when he rounded the corner.
“Hmm,” Billy grunted, suddenly detached, spinning his chair around to face his son. “I guess I left it at home.”
Jacob rolled his eyes dramatically. “Great.”
06. Jacob goes to the prom to deliver a message from Billy.